Versatile Business Intelligence professional with 5+ years IT experience, producing solid results for Financial, Educational and Government Sectors. Experience includes Banking Industries, University Colleges, Training Institutes and Government Projects. Recognized for leveraging extensive technical, functional, and business background to rapidly translate customer needs into actionable project plans. Creative problem solver who delivers practical solutions those are efficient, cost-effective, and easily maintained.
- Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing
- Database and OLAP Cube Design
- Report Development/Presentation
- Requirements Gathering
- Analysis / Development
- Resource Allocation/Team Management
- Technical Project Management
- Training Course Development / Delivery
- Microsoft Technologies: SQL Server 2005 Integration Services, SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services, SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Office Performance Point Server, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Databases: MS SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Access, Oracle 9i
- Software: Visual Studio .NET 2005, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio Programming Languages: Visual Basic, ASP, C, C++, Java, C#
SetFocus, LLC Artesia, CA (05/09 - 07/09)
Master's Program - Business Intelligence
- Implemented a Labor Analysis Business Intelligence solution for a simulated national construction company.
- Existing data from diverse data sources were consolidated into a uniform SQL Server 2005 database. SQL Server Integration Services was used to define imports of the data, build scheduling packages, to define integration flow, log data error exceptions and orphaned data and to define Database Maintenance Plans and send emails.
- Created a number of cubes, dimensions and business critical KPIs using SQL Server Analysis Services representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance. Created several MDX queries according to business requirements.
- Developed several detail and summary reports including line and pie charts, trend analysis reports and sub-reports according to business requirements using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Implemented business intelligence dashboards using MOSS 2007 Report Center and Excel Services producing different summary results based on user view and role membership.
- Created score cards with executive summary dashboards using MS Office Performance Point Server 2007 Dashboard Designer that display performance monitoring measures for sales, sales trends, and book return rates for a simulated book publisher deriving data from a SQL Server 2005 OLAP data source and deployed them to SharePoint sites . The dashboards also contain drill-down capabilities to view book sales by book category and customer, through summary reports and sales trend charts.
- Created score cards with advanced set of dashboards using MS Office Performance Point Server 2007 Dashboard Designer that feature executive summary measures for revenue, overhead costs, material purchases, labor and profitability trends for a simulated construction company extracting data from a SQL Server 2005 OLAP data source and deployed them to SharePoint sites. The dashboards also contain pages to view performance by employee, by region, and by quarter enabling end-users to make filter selections.
Summary Of Achievements
- Analysis and Reporting: Retrieved data from different sources analyzed them and built reports that were used for senior managerial decision in banking system. Designed different report templates that were used for regular reporting task.
- Web and Application Development: Successfully planned, designed, developed and hosted different statics as well as dynamic websites. Analyzed requirements and designed a Computer Application used for administration purpose in the prisons of Nepal.
- Data Migration and IT Supports: Successfully migrated data collected from manual banking system to the Oracle database that was used for the computerized banking application. Provided supports on Computers and IT Peripherals (Software and Hardware) with limited resources and infrastructures that results business continuity on Bank and Government Project.
- Training and Supervision: Created and delivered engaging, academic and technical training programs for classroom, one-on-one, and small groups. Courses included Programming, Web and Application Development, Database, Office Applications and E-commerce. Provided supervision on different academic project works. Target audiences were bachelor level University Students.
- Management: Involved in different managerial decision. Efficiently handled the IT department of a company that was responsible for the operation of newly adopted IT System.
- Customer Service: Assisted customers through different challenging issues. Involved in different customer related activities such as Front Desk, Cash Handling, and Inventory Management.
- Nepal Bank Limited-Nepal, Assistant Manager (Information Technology) 2006-2007
- Cosmos College of Management and Technology-Nepal, Visiting Lecturer 2004-2005
- Department of Prison Management Project-Nepal, Communication and Information Assistant 2004-2005
- Alpine International College -Nepal, IT Lecturer 2003-2004
- Tyson Foods- Sedalia, MO, General Employee 2007-2008
- Udupi Palace - Artesia, CA, Food Service 2008-2009